Chicken and bacon moose paste:
2 chicken breast
4 straps of Smoked Bacon
1 tsp chopped garlic/paste
½ (125 ml) chopped pepper dews
1 table spoon| good dash of peppadew oil perseverance
A squeeze of half a lemon
1 table spoon| good dash of white wine vinegar.
2 table spoons of fresh cream
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a bowl mix in chopped ingredients, leaving out fresh parsley and cream, add oil lemon and
vinegar and whish mixture gently to make marinate. Cut chicken into small cubes season
with salt & pepper, add to marinate and cover for 5mins.
2. In a sauce pan brown bacon just to release fats (do not make it crispy) once bacon cooked
set aside to cool. Once cooled cut in to fine bites. Put the pan back on the stove and add
chicken, toss in-between [ do not stir the chicken continually allow to brown evenly by
gently tossing to allow flavours to flavour your chicken. [do not cook chicken over 4mins
3. Once chicken is cooked through and tender, transfer into a blender, add bacon bites, dash of
fresh cream and blitz gently until you achieve moose/paste effect. Transfer into a clean bowl
Cheese Sauce: recipe ref; in Sense of Taste cookbook, page 96[by chef peter Ayub]
6 Cups of milk
180g cake flour
300 g mozzarella cheese, grated
30 g parmesan cheese, finely crumbed
Salt & pepper to taste.
1. Heat the milk in a medium-sized saucepan.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add the flour and stir to make a paste.
3. Add the hot milk, one ladle at a time, while stirring with a twist. Once all the milk is
incorporated, add the mozzarella and parmesan cheese and melt into sauce.
4. Add the chicken and smoked bacon moose paste, chopped parsley and remove from the
heat. Place in a shallow tray and set aside to cool.
Finally, to complete our elegant tarts, preheat your oven 240 ◦C. lightly grease muffin tin, place your
cut tortilla wraps and gently push them inside to form your base. Spoon moose filling into each case,
press down filling gently to cover but not over the edges of the wrap. Pour in a dash of cream in each
case and sprinkle with a little extra parmesan cheese. Gratinate in a hot oven set until filling is
bubbling and tart edges are golden brown. Take out of the oven season with salt and white pepper
and chopped fresh parsley for garnish.