The South African economy is currently struggling to create jobs after it dropped by 3.2% this year.
South Africa’s publisher of classified adverts Gumtree has the 10 in-demand jobs where most employers are desperate or most likely to fill.
For these jobs you need qualifications but not experience and they are called “entry-level jobs”.
They simply require the applicant to be someone who had mastered the theorical part of the job.
Based on the job posts placed on Gumtree, the most in-demand entry-level jobs, with an estimated annual salaries of between R270 000 and R74 000, are:
– 1.) Sales and marketing (13%) – R181,190
– 2.)Construction and skilled trade (6.8%) – R269,052
– 3.) Accounting and finance (5%) – R250,555
– 4.) Restaurant and bar work (5%) – R111,000
– 5.) Retail work (5%) – R208,000
– 6.) Logistics and transport (4.7%) – R205,648
– 7.) Health and beauty (4.1%) – R74,880
– 8.) Computing (4.1%) – R374,000
– 9.) Clerical and administration (3.9%) – R113,0661
– 10.) Teaching (3.7%) – R157,376
Gumtree’s Estelle Nagel said 60% of jobs advertised on Gumtree in South Africa are full-time positions, 12% are contract positions and 8.5% are part-time.
Only 0.35% of advertised positions are suitable for matriculants, she said.
“The job market is extremely tough and competitive, which is why anyone seeking to start a career should put their best foot forward,” Nagel said.
“If you need experience, volunteer where possible. Employers can make a selection from thousands of candidates – make sure that you stand out.”
The South African economy declined by 3.2% between January and March 2019 and the number of people applying for jobs is on the rise.
(edited by MLM, with Business Insider)
Send tip-offs to [email protected]