All eyes are on this year’s Nabalabantfu’s picnic taking place this coming Saturday 15 December 2018 in KaMhlushwa, Nkomazi.
The court will hand down sentence next week, 28 August 2017.
The four men who had been linked to the murders of Philip Monkwe and David Majola will get their sentence in a few days to come.
The Tshwane high court sitting at the Middelburg Magistrates Court found Thabang Nthako (36), Samson Makuwa (25), George Maswanganyi (27) and Bheki David Mokoena (33), guilty of kidnapping, robbing and killing the two men.
The four men were arrested in November 2014 after police found accused number one, Thabang Nthako, driving Monkwe’s car.
The 50-year-old Monkwe had been reported missing.
Monkwe had been thrown in a shaft of the Black Wattle Mine in Bethal to die.
Police said he had given Nthako a lift when along the way they held him at gunpoint and forced him to drive to the Bethal old coal mine.
There, the men blind- folded Monkwe before forcing him out of his car and told to jump into the 45m deep shaft where he fell to his death.
In the same shaft, police investigators discovered the body of another victim – 39-year-old David Majola, pointed out by the accused.
Majola had also been hijacked and police linked the men to both murder cases.
“The provincial commissioner, Lieutenant-General Mondli Zuma is pleased with the verdict of the high court and believes that it will impose the necessary punishment which the accused deserve,” police spokesman Brigadier Leonard Hlathi said in a statement.
(edited by MLM)
Send tips to [email protected] or WhatsApp 063 675 6990