They will deliver memorandums in two areas in one day, these feature a lot of demands including having authorities put up measures to prevent job losses.
The 27th September 2017 may be a holiday somewhere in the world but in Mpumalanga and other parts of Mzansi it is the day that will see mass action against state capture, corruption and job losses.
The federation announced they will march to the Eskom park in eMalahleni as well as to Premier David Mabuza’s office to deliver memorandums.
Provincial Cosatu leader Thabo Mokoena said the march to Mabuza’s office in the Riverside government complex will be addressed by Zingiswa Losi, the union federation’s deputy president, and the one to Eskom Park by NUM President Piet Matosa.
The federation will make the following demands;-
– Combat job losses
– Heightening the campaign against labour brokers
– Quality accessible public accessible transport and scrapping of e–tolls.
– The implementation of National Health Insurance system now.
– Comprehensive social security & retirement reform.
– Focus on unclaimed benefits
– Land, developing a position paper on agriculture and land holding
– Fighting against the use of independent power producers.
– Taking forward COSATU campaign on climate change
– Calling for the scrapping of provinces.
– Non trading public holidays
– Fight against the spread of HIV and Aids
– Elevating occupational Health and Safety issues in the workplace
– Fighting racism in the workplace
– Fighting for the re – opening of Lily and Babrook mines
– Fight for the reinstatement of Umbhaba striking workers
– Fighting against the outsourcing of Public services in
– The complete review of the Bursary policy for serving employees.
(edited by ZK)
Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org