Another surprise cabinet reshuffle by President Jacob Zuma has seen another David Mabuza ally taking up the intelligence ministry post.
Thomas Bhongo of the ANC in the JS Moroka sub-region of Mpumalanga is now the new State Security Minister.
Bhongo, who is member of Parliament, was appointed the new intelligence minister on Tuesday this week when President Jacob Zuma reshuffled his cabinet yet again.
Zuma, in a move that will irk tripartite alliance partners further, kicked SACP leader Blade Nzimande off his cabinet, replacing him with Professor Hlengiwe Mkhize.
Bhongo replaces David Mahlobo, who has now been made the new minister of energy.
Bhongo who has been Parliamentarian is an ordinary member of the ANC in JS Moroka’s ward 5.
– Mkhize‚ who was Minister of Home Affairs, is taking over from Nzimande. She is be deputised by Buti Manamela.
– Ayanda Dlodlo, who was Communications Minister, is taking over from Mkhize as the new Home Affairs Minister.
– Mmamoloko Kubayi, who was Energy Minister, is now Minister of Communications, taking over from Dlodlo.
– David Mahlobo, who was Intelligence Minister, is taking over from Kubayi as the new Energy Minister.
– Mahlobo is replaced by Bhongo.
Zuma in a statement wished the ministers well in their new roles.
(edited by MLM)
Send tips to [email protected]