The money will also be used to add extra classes where schools experience overcrowding. The public works department will be the implementing agent.
An amount of R935m has been set aside by Mpumalanga education MEC Bonakele Majuba to focus on building new schools and classrooms, News24 has reported.
Some of this money will go to complete other infrastructure projects currently underway, like the boarding schools that are currently being constructed in Mkhondo and Lydenburg.
Majuba said extra classrooms would be built at Laerskool Nelspruit, Laerskool Laeveld and Laerskool Bergland.
The MEC announced –
– Three primary schools will get extra classrooms.
– One primary and a high school will be completed.
– Mbombela will have a school for the deaf and blind.
– Mokgalithwa Primary School in eMalahleni will be completed before this year ends.
– A site for the construction of a primary school in Siyanqoba has been finalised.
– The construction of Aerorand Primary School in Middelburg will be completed before this year ends.
– A primary school is currently being built in New Doornkop outside Middelburg.
Departmental spokesman Jasper Zwane said the planning and design of five more schools, which includes 3 secondary and 2 primary schools in Shapeve and Osizweni, were at advanced stages.
(edited by MLM)
Send tip-offs to [email protected]