Mswati has come out gun blazing against reports that said he was ‘missed three times’ during an attempt on his life at the funeral of an MKMVA provincial executive committee member.
Nkangala ANCYL leader Mduduzi ‘Mswati’ Nkosi was reacting to reports earlier that he was ‘missed three times’ when an apparent hitman attempted to slay him at the funeral service of MK veteran Thami Khumalo.
The Mpumalanga MKMVA PEC member, who died a week ago, was laid to rest at the Kromdraai cemetery in eMalahleni over the weekend.
Mswati said he was disappointed at the “spices” put by 013NEWS on Tuesday morning in reporting that he said he was ‘missed three times’ at Khumalo’s funeral in eMalahleni’s area of Hlalanikahle.
He said he never said he was ‘missed three times’ by an alleged assassin at Khumalo’s funeral.
“I only [talked] of another alleged attempted assassination and I gave contacts [to the 013NEWS reporter] of those who said this in front of the alleged planner,” he said.
Mswati was referring to a man identified as Masemola who claimed eMalahleni speaker, Busi Hlumbane was at the centre of a plot to gun him down. It is said that Masemula handed this information over to the cops however 013NEWS has not been able to independently confirm these claims.
“On Saturday I was only warned to move and leave before the burial is finished by a relative” and not that he was almost gunned down when a hitman allegedly stood near him and prepared to take out a pistol.
SEE ALSO: Puzzle in Mswati’s ‘assassination attempt’
“Then on our way on the main road from the grave towards the cemetery’s main gate that’s when everything happened so quickly,” he said.
He added that Victor Nkosi is not a businessman but his brother.
“I’m so disappointed in the spices you put. But fine, I’ll remain quiet from now onwards as I spoke about this 3 weeks ago with the reporter”.
“Stop writing about me or putting words in my mouth,” a fuming Mswati said on late Tuesday.
(edited by ZK)
send tips to [email protected]