The theme was ‘fighting soldiers for socialism, silwa nenkohlakalo nobubha’.
The YCLSA Gert Sibande district held its historic 7th district congress which began on 1 and ended on 2 April 2017 at Ermelo’s Donna-Bella conference centre.
The congress was held under the theme “fighting soldiers for socialism, silwa nenkohlakalo-nobubha”.
More than 60 delegates representing 8 074 members of the YCLSA Gert Sibande district to evaluate the progress made since our 6th district congress in Cassim Park Hall, Ermelo.
Our congress had the privilege of being address by the PYA, SACP district secretary and YCLSA national committee member, comrade Nhlakanipho Zuma.
The two day congress was filled with robust and sober debates on issues that affect the working class and the youth.
We emerge from the congress confident that the YCLSA Gert Sibande district will continue to play a vital role in fighting for socialism, corruption and triple challenges.
Chief amongst the resolution and immediate task the congress took are
1. To participate more actively on social media to win battle of ideas.
2. To strengthen political classes in branches to build conscious soldiers to fight for socialism, corruption and triple challenges.
3. To develop programs with PYA structures.
4. To Intensify or solidarity with all oppressed people including of Swaziland and Palestine.
5. To intensify the Boycott, divestment and Sections against Israel (BDS),cancel contracts with G4S.
The YCLSA Gert Sibande 7th district congress has elected the following soldiers to lead the YCLSA Gert Sibande 7th district committee for the next 2 years.
The following soldiers were elected as officials:
1. Ayanda Mashaba – District Secretary
2. Enock Mogale – District Chairperson
3. Nelly Mlangeni – District Treasurer
4. Ntsiki Cindi – District Deputy Secretary
5. Edward Letsimo – District Deputy Chairperson
The following soldiers were elected as District Committee members:
a. Nompumelelo Mbatha
b. Buti Phungwayo
c. Sifiso Maseko
d. Joy Thwala
e. Sechaba Nkosi
f. Jabulile Masuku
g. Nokuthula Sangweni
h. Thulani Ndlovu
i. Nokuthula Nkosi
j. Sibusiso Gininda
k. Jabu Mathebula
l. Xolani Shiba
m. Nyakallo Ramanyai
n. Njabulo Mthabela
o. Bongi Mkhwanazi
We will remain a fighting force, a shock force and soldiers for socialism, as comrade Chris Hani said “The struggle for socialism is about basic things”
*Mashaba is Gert Sibande YCL regional leader, elected for another term the past weekend (1 – 2 Apr 2017).